With the core objective of promoting personal, social, educational and career development in all students, the Counselling & Research Department has been set up to define the school’s professional responsibilities in terms of support and guidance to students, staff and parents.
Student facilities include:
- Personal Counselling that provides guidance and skills required to navigate important milestones of growth with ease, and to combat fast-paced societal changes.
- Life skills-training that provide the tools and skills to a more competent and fulfilled life
- Gifted and Remedial education to identify and provide help to students with special needs.
- Multiple Intelligence approaches that respect and cater to individual differences and which help students to learn at their own pace and in their preferred learning style
- Theme related activities that encourage and provide opportunities to students to play their roles as responsible global citizens.
- Career Counselling and Guidance to provide students with available options that will help them to make decisions on further studies and choose careers based on their aptitudes and strengths.
For parents and guardians:
- Workshops, seminars and lectures on effective parenting skills.
- Awareness camps on relevant parenting concerns and issues.
- Special interactions with working mothers, single parents and grandparents.
- Individual counselling and guidance to parents in dealing with specific concerns/problems of their children.
- Involve parents in community outreach programs.
Our resource room facilities enable access to the services of psychologists and remedial teachers. These professionals play an important role in motivating children to build emotional resilience and to withstand and meet the myriad challenges of contemporary life.
The Department conducts regular Sexual Abuse Prevention workshops with parents, staff members and students.